I was in Dubai for a couple of days only but notice something about this Super Modern City, below are just my personal opinion-
(1) Taking Metro is easy and almost all the tourist attractions are close the Metro.
(2) You cannot chew chewing gum in the Metro or there will be a fine-100 Dirham.
(3) There is a “Gold” compartment and Women and Children only compartment in Dubai metro system. The Gold compartment is more luxury than the regular one and it’s more expensive and the Women and children only compartment mean exactly as what I wrote-women and children only. You will be kick out by security if you enter the wrong compartment.
(4) You can only enter the infamous Burj Al Arab by appointment(a tour or to have afternoon tea/dinner at a restaurant)…even you have millions of dollars. Personally I don’t give a shi* to get in cus it’s just too annoying and artificial!
(5) Dubai is more charming and pretty at night than the Day time–I THINK! You can most likely have a nap in the afternoon and step out for dinner/drink in or around the tallest tower in the world-Burj Khalifa.
(6) you do not need to buy ticket(esp in advance which is cheaper) to go up to the top floor of Burj Khalifa, you can just have a drink at 122 floor which I THINK resembles to 163 floor of the building. IF you do care about the view is better when higher up…TAKE A PLANE INSTEAD!!!
In general, Dubai is a great place for a quick visit and easy place to get into if you want to visit the middle east. However, I will never recommend you to fly all the way from America/Asia/Australia all the way jus t for Dubai….IT’s just not worth the money:P