Today, I officially have travel outside NYC for a month:) To be honest, I felt quite exhausted already. I took 200-500 photos everyday, but when you had already seen thousands and thousands of churches and monasteries you will feel nothing is special anymore! To me, I agree with most people-having a vacation in between job is always better than to travel indefinitely. Also, I have to agree on what my mom always said- IF EVERYONE JUST TRAVEL INDEFINITELY AND DO NOT HAVE A REAL JOB, THIS WHOLE ECONOMY IS GOING TO COLLAPSE BECAUSE OF YOU PEOPLE!:)..Do you agree?
To most people…..traveling is always fun, regardless whether the reason is for leisure or work. However, you have to know a couple of things (other than your budget and interests) before you decide how long you want to travel:
(1) Bordem-most people when they travel, they will pick a certain area and spend a bit of time over there. For example, if you are traveling throughout Central America, you will repeatedly see Mayan Ruins over and over again. The first time you see the Ruin maybe you will be super excited, but then after couples of Mayan Ruins, I am sure you will have enough of it.
(2) Annoying people-I agree it’s always exciting to meet new friends and have somethings new to talk about. But once in a while you might bumped into some very annoying people which you really want to slap them. They were just arrogant and talked about non-sense all the time. The main problem was, they would loved to stick with you and talked to you and you have nowhere to hide unless you told them you are busy! BUt if you are on a local tour, believe me, you really would wanted to kill yourself or would love to tell them you are deaf!!!:P
(3) Repeated questions and answers– Where are you from, How long you have been traveling, Where have you been so far? OH MAN! Why do I have to answer this every single day???? Why do you freaking care? Are we going to be best friend after this? I am not sure. Why don’t we just enjoy the scenery or talk about philosophy instead:P To me, sometimes it’s pretty annoying if I want to take photographs and enjoy my moment but people keep bothering me
(4) The so called New friends– Many of you have already asked me how come I travel by myself and do not get bored. TO be honest, I sometimes rather it’s true that I travel by myself but it’s always NOT the case. When you travel alone, you will meet up with so many people on the way- smart people, stupid people, annoying people, beautiful people, etc, etc. I love to meet up new friend…. really, but does one or two days of traveling together make you two best friends? Or just facebook friends? I am not sure. I believe having a relationship with people need efforts! Really!!! Just like when I started this blog, I am so glad that me and certain bloggers are making effort to become real friend and we will talk to each other through message other than leaving comments. I really REALLY like this kind of relationship. To me, I do not need TONS of friends, I just need the best of friend who really take the effort to be friends with me.
(5) Chasing flight, bus, ferry, etc-You are constantly on the go and always in a hurry. Do you think you can handle this long term?
(6) Missing families and friend back home-I love my family and I constantly miss them:) Regardless of how many mistakes you make, they will always love you and forgive you. There’s nothing in this world can compare to the importance of my family. And I am sure that’s the main reason why a lot of people reject the idea of traveling indefinitely.
(7) Missing having a comfortable home-Don’t you guys just love sleeping in your own comfortable clean bed and do not need to live out of a suitcase?
(8) Food-To be honest, I am a VERY VERY open-minded person. I adapt quit easily and love to try new things-including food:) But I assure you, sometimes you just really really miss the food back home, regardless of how tasty the local food is. AND, if the local food sucks @_@, that’s really ….SERIOUSLY will drive you NUCKS!!! I mean I do not hate the food in portugal, but …..I really do not love them:P below are some of the food I have ate-
There are many stories behind the food I ate..BUT I don’t want to make this post too long:) If you guys really want to know, I will try to tell you all later:P..ahahahha. Until then, see you all in Andorra. Yup, I will catch a flight to Spain tomorrow from Portugal and take a bus to Andorra. After Andorra I will head to Malaga and get ready for my Trans-Africa Trip! I cannot wait and Cheers guys:)