These couple of days I have been super busy researching on the Europe part of my Trans-Africa Trip. Apart from having booked all the flights in between countries previously, now I have a solid plan on what I will do and where I will stay(expect Madrid I still have not book anything yet!)
I have made 30 bookings just this week
This included rooms, intercity flight, Train rides, Ferry, local tours,etc,etc. I had also been running around to obtain a few African Visas which I was told they are very difficult to obtain in the border!! Life have been quit stressful because I have to keep checking the situation in Africa and Middle East to ensure my route is valid and won’t encounter any danger! So first off, after seeing the American Ambassador being killed in Libya and US just issued a warning to people travel to Tunisia , Sudan and Yemen. My first reaction was a LONG SIGH!
Life right now is just like While I was Driving a car during an “Ice Fog” close to the Arctic Circle. I can see NOTHING and I DON”T KNOW nothing about the area!!! What I can do is try to be careful and be Calm!!
However, everything had already been organized in Tunisia and I will be staying away from the capital City-Tunis. So, I hope everything will be fine. IF you are interested in my plan,do check out below posts- I have made several update yesterday because of the political situation in Africa and because I am greedy and I want to go to more places:P
Revision included-Instead of going to Mali-Africa I will re-route to Guinea, Senegal, and Ivory Cost. I have added Sudan on my list despite the situation but I hope the situation will be better when I fished the Africa Part in Late April:) I have also add Northern Iraq on my list because I have heard so many nice things about it. So, if you guys want to know what I have been up to and want to know whether it’s possible to go to all this places, do stay tune and keep checking my new posts:) I am sure a lof of people wonder whether it’s safe to go to all these places…RIGHT?:P
OK, Below are my 2 cents on some of my research so far–
(1) Greece-This country have a lot to see and I regret I will only stay there for 9 days! If you guys plan to visit this Great country, do allow 2-3 weeks to explore. I will explain more once I get to Greece in October.
(2) Tunisia-This country is actually a tourist paradise for most European and I have quit a few friend have been there for “vacation” yes, I mean vacation because there are a lot of “resorts” there and the beaches are just like paradise. I will tell you guys more once I hit Tunisia:)
(3) Malta-This small country is REALLY SMALL- I plan on doing a lot of activities there including Scuba diving with the Giant Tuna:) I will give you guys more information later and my review:)
(4) Portugal-I LOVE portugal and I have been there before. IT’s a beautiful country with lots of outdoor activities. I hope I can have time to tell you guys more about this great countries. I am going back because last time was mostly sightseeing. This time I plan on doing everything I can including canyoning, hiking, Blokarting, etc, etc,….I cannot wait:P
(5) Getting Mauritania Visa in NYC– The consulate in NYC is small but the staff is Really really helpful. At first my friend told me I should get all my African visa through a Visa company but they charge a huge service fee. So, I attempted to do it myself. The staff explained everything to me on what I need to mail to Washington DC for the Visa and they even tell me to go upstair to meet with their Consul. We talked about the the political situation in Mali and other african Countries and it’s a GREAT TALK! If anyone want to apply Mauritania, I suggest you can do it yourself:)
(6) Getting Nigeria Visa IN NYC-Nigeria consulate in NYC is huge and grant!! But i like small country better cus at least i can talk to their consul!! And at least they won’t give me hard time! Now i need to go through a visa company and for an american passport its freaking $300 include shipping!! Anyway, for anyone who want to apply for a Nigeria visa, you can either apply in NYC or Washington DC. You can apply online and submitted all the documents in person. However, it will be easier to get a visa through a visa company.
Today, I also feel like I am soaking in a Hot spring while it’s -33 fahrenheit outside:P. Although outside its’ freezing cold, I still feel warm inside:P
The temperature outside was so cold that water will turned into ice immediately 😛 …around my eyelashes, hair and nose!!! If you want to know more about my stories in the Arctic while IT”S -59F outside!! Do check out my ARCTIC POST🙂